On Anual Leave? Got some spare time?
Us Brits tend to spend time on home improvements and D.I.Y.
When it comes to D.I.Y. resin bound gravel paths, patios and driveways, these jobs should NOT be done D.I.Y as they need specialist equipment, someone with awareness of resin and trained experts to ensure it is laid correctly.
Awareness of resin bound
The problem with resin bound is that there is a lack of understanding as to how you install it, what it is, how much it should cost and how long it should last.
To install a full driveway like in the photo above, you'll need to be skilled, and have had previous experience installing. We do not sub-contract our projects. We are a family run business with over 30 years experience between us, professional and trustworthy tradesman, and we aim to be the future of the industry.
Can I Do my Resin driveway myself, or should it be left to the professionals?
A Professional Product needs a Professional Service. It's essential to seek out a specialist trades-person who can lay the resin to a high quality for a long-lasting and high-performance driveway.
Resin bound paving is made up of individual stones alongside natural aggregate, recycled glass and marble, all coated in a clear UV resistant resin, then mixed for an even spread.
The finished product is then poured over an existing flat, stable surface, for example, a tarmac driveway, if it is not damaged and uneven. Having resin bonded paving laid is a big job, it's more than likely that you'll want extra details such as edging, man-holes covered etc. It's wise to select a professional to complete your project.
The most common errors
The most common errors we see in the installation of resin bound surfacing is contractor error, and this is usually before the job has even started. Here are some common causes of a disappointing resin bound driveway installation:
1) None U.V. resin being used, in the resin bound mix. None U.V. resin is a cheaper option to buy, on average saving £5 per m2. Using non U.V. is not immediately apparent, and most likely, the client has paid before the driveway starts to discolour.
2) Some contractors install under sufficient thickness. This will not be obvious on first sight, but if it is laid below a minimum of 15mm for vehicle traffic which is required, you could be in trouble. Cutting corners with thickness is a common problem. For peace of mind, all our installs are laid at a minimum of 18mm.
3) Contractors who use the wrong mixers e.g. gravity mixers such as Belle Mixers to mix the resin bound . This is a big red flag, these mixers cannot successfully mix a resin bound product. Here at Resin Install, we use a Forced Action Mixer to ensure the resin and stone aggregates are thoroughly mixed.
4) Scarily the next point is becoming more popular. Resin being purchased from eBay! This is a BIG no, no! 'Cheap' resin usually misses the main component in the durability of the product. Make sure your contractor uses a reputable supplier.
5) The contractor having very little to no accountability for the customer, or recourse in the event of any problem.
Choose Resin Install as your driveway company
Resin Install are the leading professionals for driveways accross the UK.
Every project is delivered to the best standard and is guaranteed. We also provide helpful advice regarding aftercare. That is why several of our customers are happy to recommend us to their friends. See some of our customer reviews here.
If you would like to speak to Resin Install about your driveway or patio project, please calln our team on 0800 7723586/ 01254 492043 or email us on at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain more information about our resin bound surfacing we will be delighted to help with any queries.
Resin Install, 13 Railway Rd,Darwen BB3 2RG, United Kingdom
Monday - Friday: 09:00 to 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 to 17:00
We are Installers of Resin drives, Paths and patios, Wet pour and rubber mulch for properties across Lancashire, Manchester, Merseyside, Yorkshire, Cheshire and beyond. Resin Bound Driveways. Low Maintenance, High-Quality Resin Surfaces, Free Quotes. Trade and Public Welcome 0800 7723586 / 01254 492043